June 19 – August 18, 2023
FaySummer seeks an experienced Archery Activity Leader, to work during its 8-week summer camp program with children ages 6 to 14 years. The Activity Leader will spend the day running age-appropriate archery instruction for campers. The Activity Leader will plan, manage supplies, set-up and run all activities and utilize camp counselors to assist. Sessions will last approximately 40 minutes and there will be a continual rotation throughout the day as to run a program for multiple groups each day.
The position will begin with assisting the Camp Director with supplies ordering and program planning in line with the camp operating procedures. There will be staff training during the week of June 19, in preparation for camp opening on June 26, 2023. When camp is in session, the normal work schedule is 8:15 a.m. – 4:15 p.m., Monday through Friday. The last day of camp of the season is August 18.
Candidates must have a strong background of delivering safe and fun archery programs. Experience working with children ages 6 to 15 in a camp, school, or similar setting and a bachelor’s degree is preferred. The ability to schedule and supervise staff is required. Candidates are expected to be professional and have strong verbal and communication skills. Currently certified archery instructors are strongly preferred otherwise a course must be passed before starting work.
- Attending all required orientation and training sessions
- Contributing to the design and implementation of the summer Archery programs including schedules and curriculum.
- In collaboration with the Day Camp Director, planning and supervising the daily operations of the archery range and supplies, including safety inspections, general maintenance, and camper supervision
- Interacting with staff and campers throughout the day to encourage community development
- Understanding FaySummer emergency policies and procedures, and providing instruction to staff and campers about these procedures
- Providing direct care and oversight for camper and counselors during archery lessons
- Being knowledgeable about individual camper needs including allergies, medications, and special diets
- Actively participating in all assigned duties and encouraging campers to participate in all activities
- Modeling FaySummer’s standards of respect for all members of the community, dress code, good manners, kindness, and behavior; ensuring that campers understand and comply with these community expectations
FaySummer seeks candidates who will reflect and enhance the diversity of our community. Interested candidates should send a resume, a cover letter detailing why they would be a great fit for FaySummer, via email with the subject line “Archery Activity Leader” to firstname.lastname@example.org
.Fay School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic background, age, disability, or military service in its hiring, employment or other programs and activities.