June 27 – August 19, 2022
FaySummer seeks applicants for the position of Camp Counselor to work during its 8-week summer camp program for children ages 3 to 15 years. Camp Counselors spend the day working with campers, participating in activities, helping campers make friends and try new things, while ensuring each child’s physical safety. FaySummer has been running for more than 20 years and is set on a beautiful, 66-acre campus.
The position will begin with staff training during the week of June 20, in preparation for camp opening on June 27, 2022. Camp runs Monday through Friday and staff will have 40-hour work weeks. With the extended morning and afternoon options there will be some earlier and later shifts available. Camp Counselors report to their Unit Leader and the Camp Director. For those seeking additional hours in the evening and weekends, there are shifts available with the residential camp.
FaySummer is the highlight of the year for many children who get to take part in swimming, challenge courses, sports, arts, music and more! Counselors will have energy and enthusiasm to create the best experience possible for every camper.
Candidates must be at least 18 years of age and have competed one year of college prior to the first day of camp. Working towards or a completed bachelor’s degree in a related field and previous experience working with children ages 3 to 15 in a camp, school, or childcare setting are preferred. Candidates are expected to be professional, have strong verbal communication skills, and to have a high level of comfort giving direction when required. The ideal candidate will have energy, enthusiasm and be safety conscious. A positive attitude and desire to ensure that campers have the best experience possible is essential.
• Attending all required orientation and training sessions
• Understanding and implementing FaySummer emergency policies and procedures
• Providing general care and safety oversight for all children attending FaySummer camps and direct care and oversight for children in assigned groups
• Being knowledgeable about individual camper needs including allergies, medications, and special diets
• Actively participating in all assigned duties and encouraging campers to participate in all activities
• Modeling FaySummer’s standards of respect for all members of the community, dress code, good manners, kindness, and behavior; ensuring that campers understand and comply with these community expectations
• Implementing and operating within COVID-19 safe procedures.
Fay School requires all eligible employee to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to requests for accommodation for medical and religious exemptions. Weekly testing is performed. Masks are currently required indoors.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter detailing why they would be a great fit for FaySummer, and list of three references via email with the subject line “Camp Counselor” to firstname.lastname@example.org.