FaySummer seeks applicants for Adventure Camp Counselor to work during its 8-week summer camp program for children ages 3 to 15 years. Adventure Camp Counselors spend the day working with campers and staff, participating in activities, and ensuring the safe operations of the challenge course. This includes high and low elements as well as an indoor and outdoor climbing wall.
The position will begin with staff training during the week of June 19, in preparation for camp opening on June 26, 2023. The last day of camp of the season is August 18. When camp is in session, the normal work schedule is 8:15 a.m. – 4:15 p.m., Monday through Friday. Additional hours may be available.
Candidates must have graduated high school. Previous experience working with children ages 3 to 15 in a camp, school, or childcare setting are preferred. Experience or training in challenge course activities is strongly preferred. The ability to supervise staff and work as a team is required. Candidates are expected to be professional and have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Attending all required orientation and training sessions
- In collaboration with the Outdoor Adventure Team Leader, planning and supervising the daily operations of the challenge course, including safety inspections, general maintenance, and camper supervision
- Interacting with staff and campers throughout the day to encourage community development
- Understanding FaySummer emergency policies and procedures, and providing instruction to staff and campers about these procedures
- Oversight for children in assigned groups
- Being knowledgeable about individual camper needs including allergies, medications, and special diets
- Actively participating in all assigned duties and encouraging campers to participate in all activities
- Modeling FaySummer’s standards of respect for all members of the community, dress code, good manners, kindness, and behavior; ensuring that campers understand and comply with these community expectations
Interested candidates should send a resume and a brief cover letter detailing why they would be a great fit for FaySummer, via email with the subject line “Adventure Camp Counselor” to email@example.com
.Fay School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic background, age, disability, or military service in its hiring, employment or other programs and activities.