June 19 – August 18, 2023
FaySummer seeks applicants for the position of Camp Counselor to work during its 8-week summer camp program for children ages 3 to 15 years. Camp Counselors spend the day working with campers, participating in activities, helping campers make friends and try new things, while ensuring each child’s physical safety. FaySummer has been running for more than 20 years and is set on a beautiful, 66-acre campus.
The position will begin with staff training during the week of June 19, in preparation for camp opening on June 26, 2023. Camp runs Monday through Friday and staff will have 40-hour work weeks. The last day of camp of the season is August 18. With the extended morning and afternoon options there will be some earlier and later shifts available. Camp Counselors report to their Unit Leader and the Camp Director. For those seeking additional hours in the evening and weekends, there are shifts available with the residential camp.
FaySummer is the highlight of the year for many children who get to take part in swimming, challenge courses, sports, arts, music and more! Counselors will have energy and enthusiasm to create the best experience possible for every camper.
Candidates must be at least 18 years of age and have graduated high school. Candidates working towards or have a completed bachelor’s degree in a related field and previous experience working with children ages 3 to 15 in a camp, school, or childcare setting are preferred. Counselors are expected to be professional, have strong verbal communication skills, and to have a high level of comfort giving direction when required. The ideal candidate will have energy, enthusiasm and be safety conscious. A positive attitude and desire to ensure that campers have the best experience possible is essential.
- Attending all required orientation and training sessions
- Understanding and implementing FaySummer emergency policies and procedures
- Providing general care and safety oversight for all children attending FaySummer camps and direct care and oversight for children in assigned groups
- Being knowledgeable about individual camper needs including allergies, medications, and special diets
- Actively participating in all assigned duties and encouraging campers to participate in all activities
- Modeling FaySummer’s standards of respect for all members of the community, dress code, good manners, kindness, and behavior; ensuring that campers understand and comply with these community expectations
FaySummer seeks candidates who will reflect and enhance the diversity of our community. Interested candidates should send a resume and optional cover letter detailing why they would be a great fit for FaySummer, via email with the subject line “Camp Counselor” to firstname.lastname@example.org
.Job Posting Date: December 15, 2022Fay School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic background, age, disability, or military service in its hiring, employment or other programs and activities.